Master of Science in Healthcare Data Science
● Understand the requirements and techniques to manage health and healthcare process data collected by health care providers and organizations, use it to improve patient care, and analyze it to improve the business processes in and between hospitals, insurance companies, public health agencies, and other components of the healthcare ecosystem
● Understand the use of data science in clinical research and translational medicine
● Understand the design and development of personal devices and mobile apps to collect health data and to monitor health-related variables
● Understand the use of emerging technologies in data science and their application to health and healthcare delivery processes
● Gain direct experiences in finding and articulating challenges in healthcare settings that can be met through integrative engineering solutions.
The degree consists of a set of required core courses in both data science and health and a set of electives that include courses in data science and health. On the data science side, students will learn about artificial intelligence (particularly machine learning and semantic data models), data management, privacy, and data visualization. On the health side, students will be integrated into teams working with medical students in healthcare settings. Capstone courses with real-world projects will enable students to acquire practical experience with a data science project based in a healthcare service setting.